This is a delicious recipe that I altered slightly from the one shown on the Dr Oz show (Tosca Reno presented this one). My friend Yana came around for lunch to enjoy this delicious meal, we were both impressed. So without further ado, here is one easy, delicious, gluten-free and paleo recipe that won’t break the budget. What more could you want?
1lb chicken tenders (cut into bite sized pieces)
5 egg whites
2 1/2 cups almond flour (you can also use ground almonds)
1 cup flaxseeds
3/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup poultry seasoning
Olive oil spray
For the dipping sauce:
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Place wax paper on a large flat oven tray and spray with olive oil.
2. Dip chicken tender pieces into egg whites.
3. Combine almond flour, poultry seasoning, chia and flax seeds in a bowl.
4.Transfer chicken tender pieces from egg white mixture and dip in the flour/seed/seasoning mixture to coat the chicken nuggets.
5. Transfer to the baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
6. Combine dipping sauce and serve with your favourite salad.
Serves 2 as a meal – with leftovers to freeze!
The delicious salad made of mixed leaves, tomatoes, scallions and flaked almonds. The dressing is the traditional olive oil with balsamic vinegar. Voila!
Leftovers to freeze – oh my – does this recipe get any better? It seems so!